Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Driver, surprise me.

Summer's here. School is out. And with this new beginning of sorts, we must abandon the old. Out with that old pain. In with something new. Something better. Anything would be an improvement.


I need to block you from my brain. I need to stop periodically facebook searching your name just to look at the 250 pixel by 250 pixel thumbnail of you. I know how pathetic it sounds; because it is. I need to stop hurting. And I haven't.

I'm terrified of running into you in public. Or seeing you. I don't want to see you. I don't think I could.

Today I realized something very important. I've decided that the day I forget what it was like to be held by you, touched by you, kissed, and cared for by you will be the day I forget you. And the day I forget that feeling will be the day I can at last move on completely.

Until then, I do what I can to cloud the memory. To replace that feeling with something else... something with far less substance but something nonetheless and it's absolutely all that I have.

I sold the shirts you gave me at a secondhand shop---even the NOFX one I wore so much because it reminded me of you the most. As for the hoodie you borrowed once, I don't wear it. I deleted your mix from my list of playlists and changed the album names from that mix so that I would never see your name---although to be honest I wouldn't dare play those songs anyway.

How stupid it is. Isn't it trivial? It's simple to say so---I mean, I am being completely naive right now anyway. I sound like an angsty, sad-as-balls, stalker ex-girlfriend.

When really I'm just heartbroken and I'm fixing it the best I can. For me. Because I can't deal with this any fucking more.

"The months they don't matter, it's the days I can't take."

No comments: