Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DEATH OF A TELEMARKETER

First of all, I'd like to address that when your parents, teachers, and guidance counselors all told you that with a positive attitude, life could be peachy always, it was a blatant lie. It went like this:
I took up a job as a telemarketer on July 13th. About twelve cumulative hours later, I quit. Why, you might ask? Because it's telemarketing, you douche bag. And if you ever want your self esteem systematically punched in the lungs, then by all means, take up a job as a telemarketer. I've realized that spending four hours a day on the phone with people who probably (no, definitely) hate you was never, ever going to be worth the $7.15 earned hourly for doing so.
I just wanted to share this pearl of wisdom with you: telemarketing, no matter how uppity of an attitude you might be harboring, isn't peachy. Or at least it wasn't for me. And I felt the need to bark about it here. Thank you and good night.

No comments: