Sunday, May 31, 2009

What a weekend.

First off, I don't think I could sensibly explain in a way where people would understand what seeing The National on Friday meant to me. It was fucking mindblowing. Phenomenal. Favorite show, best show, I've ever been to. And although I haven't been to many, it was the kind of show where you can just flat out be certain of, it was so great. I got Aaron's pick at the end of their set before their encore, which was wonderful. They played my favorite song, All The Wine. And although Shannon didn't want to wait around to meet them (oh agony!!!) and I didn't have the money to get a shirt (three bucks too short!!!!) I left with this incredible sense of "Wow, that didn't just happen, now did it?"
So now I'm ripping Mp3s off of Youtube from the show, and I'm still in awe.
All the trouble I went through to get to this show, you have no idea.
And then it all happened and it was so worth it and how I want to relive it, you have no understanding.
*sigh*

No comments: